You’ve probably heard that Instagram can be an effective platform for promoting your business online, and you may already have a presence on Instagram. However, many businesses aren’t using the platform to its full potential.
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider making Instagram part of your 2019 digital marketing strategy, and some tips on maximizing your presence on this platform:
Reason 1 | Build Connections With Your Customers
Connecting with current and potential customers on social media is a great way to drive revenue for your business. Instagram users are very active and willing to engage with content shared by both brands and other users. By building a presence for your business on Instagram, you can build relationships with your customers, increase brand awareness, and start conversations with people who are highly-interested in your products or services.
- Create An Effective Profile. Whether you’re just setting up a new account or revamping your existing Instagram presence, make sure your profile represents your business in an authentic way. Use your company logo as your profile photo, and make sure your account name and username match your business name so users can easily find you. You should also create a short but interesting bio and include a link to your website.
- Interact With Other Users. Growing your following on Instagram often involves more effort than simply sharing content and waiting for people to find it and interact. To really stand out on the platform, try actively engaging with other users. There’s no need to spam other users with likes and follows. Instead, take a simple approach to connecting with others:
- Tap into customer content. Encourage your customers to tag you in product photos, and then share their content with your own followers. Tagging the customer when you share their content will help build loyalty, and sharing user-generating content can help build trust among potential customers.
- Browse relevant hashtags. Spend some time browsing hashtags that are relevant to your industry or location, and interact with users who are sharing that content. Like, follow, and comment to engage with other users in an authentic way.
- Focus on quality over quantity. Rather than pressuring yourself to build a massive following, focus on building strong and authentic relationships with a relevant core audience. A small but dedicated community of followers is much more valuable to your business than a large following of disinterested users.
- Use Hashtags Strategically. Adding hashtags to your Instagram content will make it easier for users to find you, but make sure you are using them strategically. Spend some time researching hashtags, and only use ones that you feel are relevant to your business and the content you are pairing them with. Need help with your hashtags? Check out our recent blog Tips And Tricks For Using Hashtags Effectively.
Reason 2 | Choose Holiday Content That Fits Your Business
Instagram is a highly visual platform, providing you with unique opportunities to highlight the things that make your business unique. With the right content, you can capture the attention of your core audience and bring your products or services to life.
However, the visual nature of Instagram can be an issue if you don’t have high-quality video or photo content. Blurry, poorly lit, or otherwise low-quality imagery can make a bad impression on potential customers. Make sure you are displaying your products or showcasing your services in a creative way using crisp, professional-looking photos and videos.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you feature your products or services on Instagram:
- Avoid Being Too “Salesy.” When you’re sharing product photos or demonstrating your services, make sure you aren’t overdoing it with sales-focused messaging. Instead, be creative and have fun with your content and let your photos and videos speak for themselves. Focus on capturing your audience’s interest and encouraging them to engage with your content, and the sales will be sure to follow.
- Invest In Professional Photography. Often, you only have a few seconds to capture the attention of your target audience as they are scrolling through Instagram. By using eye-catching, professional photographs, you can increase the odds that a potential customer will stop scrolling and spend time interacting with your content.
- Make It Easy To Take Action. Using Instagram to drive traffic can be tricky, but there are a few ways to successfully generate website traffic from this platform. One of the simplest ways is to share interesting content and encourage users to learn more by clicking the link in your bio. Through Instagram Stories, you can promote your content to an even wider audience and create a seamless experience. Users can easily click to learn more without needing to navigate to your bio to locate the link.
Reason 3 | Create New Landing or Category Pages For The Holidays
Because you can easily connect with your audience on Instagram, you also have the ability to learn more about who they are. Take a look at any content that is shared using your brand hashtags, or with your username or location tagged in the post. Regularly checking these posts will help you understand what people are saying about your business.
- Gather Feedback. Be willing to listen to what people have to say, both positive and negative.
- Start Conversations. Spend some time thanking users for supporting your business, or reach out to anyone who posts about a negative experience with your business.
- Apply What You’ve Learned. Use the positive and negative feedback you’ve gathered to help you create better Instagram content and even improve your business.
For more advice on how to create an effective digital marketing strategy for your business, contact our team for a free Digital Marketing Blueprint. We’ll provide you with feedback and tips to help you get better results from your digital marketing efforts.