The holidays are an incredibly busy time of year, and this is especially true if you are a small business owner trying to promote your business and keep up with day-to-day operations. During the rush of the holiday season, search engine optimization (or SEO) is probably not high on your list of priorities. However, with the right strategy, you can attract more customers to your website during the holiday season.
If you’re looking for a few ways to promote your business during the holidays, here are some tips to help you get started:
Tip 1 | Revamp Your Keywords Based On Your Holiday Theme.
Before you make any drastic changes to your SEO strategy, take some time to review your current performance. As you look over your analytics, you may discover there are some pages that are already performing well. Avoid making major changes to your top-performing content, and instead look for areas where there is room for improvement.
Next, you’ll want to spend some time researching keywords. Tools such as Google Trends are a great way to discover what topics are trending during the holiday season. You can also review the history of specific keywords to predict when they might begin to increase in popularity. By doing your research in advance, you can get a head start and build a strategy that capitalizes on these trending terms.
Tip 2 | Choose Holiday Content That Fits Your Business
Once you’ve found a list of keywords that seem promising, you’ll want to spend some time refining your list. While it might be tempting to focus on the most popular keywords, you should make sure you are using keywords that fit your business. By creating holiday content that is relevant to your business, you can more easily reach people who are likely to be interested in your products or services.
- Be Authentic. Before you dive into creating holiday content for your business, make sure you will be able to incorporate holiday messaging in a way that is authentic to your brand and business. By creating concepts and developing messages that fit your brand, you can more easily connect with your target audience.
- Showcase Your Best Offerings. If you’re not sure how to start crafting your holiday content, think about which specific products or services you want to promote. Perhaps you want to showcase offerings that make great gifts, or focus on sale or promotional items.
- Write Holiday Blogs. Blog content is a great way to share holiday-specific content that is interesting, engaging, and tailored to your customers. With blogs, you can create content that appeals to various customer personas and boosts your SEO. Quality blog content can also help you gain valuable backlinks to your site.
Tip 3 | Create New Landing or Category Pages For The Holidays
As you plan out your holiday SEO strategy, you may find that setting up some new, holiday-specific pages can help you promote key products or services and drive more traffic to your site. For example, you might want to create a page that features your recommended “Top Holiday Gifts for Dad.” Here are a few tips for creating a successful holiday page:
- Don’t Forget To Optimize. As you create your new holiday content, make sure you are optimizing each page. Your page titles and meta descriptions should fit the holiday theme, and product pages should be optimized using structured data.
- Create Evergreen Content. If you want to share your holiday content year after year, you should create “evergreen” content that can be used on an ongoing basis (rather than creating new content each year). This will help you avoid creating duplicate content, which can negatively impact your SEO. You may choose to create one general “holiday” page that is routinely updated, or create unique pages specific to each holiday
- Promote Your Content. Beyond developing content based around your keywords and business goals, you should also think about what else you can do to promote your content and drive more traffic to your site. Promote your blogs and other holiday content on social media, email, and other channels, and encourage people to share your content with others.
If you’re looking for ways to improve your SEO, check out our 5 Tips For Improving Your Website’s Visibility On Google. Don’t have the time to manage your own digital marketing? Contact our team today for a free Digital Marketing Blueprint! We’ll take a look at your current digital marketing efforts, and provide you with a blueprint that outlines what you can do to improve your online presence.