Every time you’re online, you see ads everywhere. They’re all over Google and every other website you visit, in between your friends’ and family members’ posts on social media, inside of emails, even sometimes popping up inside Facebook Messenger. It must be hard for all of those companies to compete with each other with all that noise, right? Those ads must cost a pretty penny.
Of course it varies depending on your industry, but the cost of pay-per-click (PPC) advertising can be surprisingly affordable, especially when you follow the guidance of experts! Let’s talk about what you can do to make a big impact with a small PPC budget.
Data = PPC Success
The secret to stretching a small advertising budget is data. There you have it, you’re ready to rock PPC campaigns!
While there are several things you can do before launching your campaign to ensure success (we list some tips below), the best way to make a big impact with a small ad budget is to consistently monitor, analyze, and leverage the data that your PPC campaigns produce.
That’s because the better you know your target audience and their habits and preferences, the better you’re able to tailor your ads to appeal to them and get them to convert. By continuously collecting data about how your ads are performing and using it to keep your campaigns highly focused, you can make adjustments to streamline your campaigns and make the most of your ad spend.
To track data, you’ll need to set up conversion tracking for your campaigns in Google Ads. Once that’s up and running, you’ll be able to identify which ads and targeting methods are producing the best results. From there, you can allocate spending to generate a better return on investment (ROI).
If you’ve struggled with paid advertising in the past, it’s probably because the campaigns weren’t managed this effectively. Paid advertising works best when a campaign manager pays close attention to performance and makes data-driven adjustments to optimize ROI.
Test a few ads on two or three platforms, carefully monitor which ads generate the highest engagement, click-through rate, and conversions, and go from there! You’ll also want to experiment with slightly different audiences and launching at different times of the day and week.
7 Tips for Succeeding With PPC Ads
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution to PPC ads, but stick to these general rules, and you’ll get started on the right foot!
- Create Very Specific Audiences – It’s crucial to have a deep understanding of your audience and their various personas, so you can create ads that feel super relevant and attractive to your customer base.
- Use Narrow, Focused Targeting – Along with a targeted audience, successful PPC ads utilize target narrow locations and utilize specific search terms.
- Create Landing Pages – Every ad you run should link to an optimized web page. Make sure you’re leading visitors to a page that will make them convert!
- Keep It Real – No one likes stock photos. Take actual photos of your brand for ads – better yet, use video!
- Use Keyword Tools – Google Ads Keyword Planner can help you find the right keywords and search terms to start with.
- Use Remarketing Ads – Generate more leads and sales with remarketing ads, which target people who already clicked on your ads but took no significant action.
- Research Your Competitors – It’s helpful to determine how competitive paid advertising is for your industry, as well as look at what your closest competitors are doing. Tools like SpyFu can provide insight on how other domains are positioning ads.
Your competitors are using PPC ads, are you? While the right SEO strategy makes it easier for potential customers to find your business online, paid digital advertising offers additional opportunities to grow your customer base.
If you want to learn how PPC can boost your business on a modest budget, contact Triton Commerce today to speak with a digital marketing expert! We can create a paid advertising strategy tailored to your specific goals and work with you to set an effective marketing budget.