Creating high-quality video content can be a major commitment, both in terms of time and money. If your company is not in a position to invest in professional video production services right now, there are other ways you can produce video content to market your small business. One great option? Live streaming.
Why Live Video?
Live video content makes it possible for businesses to connect with current and potential customers in a way that feels authentic and timely. While polished, professional video content certainly has its place, live streaming gives your followers a chance to see the more human side of your business—and most of them will love that. According to Social Media Examiner, in the first year of Twitter-owned Periscope, people worldwide watched an average of 110 years of content every day, and on Facebook, people comment 10 times more on a Facebook Live video than an uploaded one.
4 Ways to Use Live Video to Market Your Small Business
With a few tips below, your company can create a live video marketing strategy that’ll keep your followers coming back for more.
- Demonstrate a product or service | Most of today’s consumers would rather watch a video about a product or service vs. read about it, so show off what makes your company unique! One short live video session can capture the same message as a lengthy blog or email newsletter.
- Launch a product or contest | Create brand loyalty and get your followers excited about a new product, service, or contest. They’ll come back for more live videos if they know you’ll be offering exclusive promotions!
- Live stream your event or conference | Boost awareness for your event or conference and give people who couldn’t make it a chance to tune in.
- Take your viewers behind the scenes | Introduce your followers to your employees and executives, and let them see the personalities behind your business. Sharing this type of candid content can help your brand build a stronger online community.
Live Video Options to Explore for Your Small Business
In a time when it’s incredibly important for brands to be transparent and timely, live video content is a valuable solution that often requires little to investment (other than some time and creativity).
There are several live streaming options available, which includes:
- Facebook Live | One great benefit of Facebook Live is that your followers can receive notifications when you go live, so they know to tune in to your broadcasts at just the right time.
- Instagram | Share a live video on Instagram to connect with your followers in real-time. Once a live video has ended on Instagram, it's no longer visible in the app, but you can share a replay of it to your Story.
- Periscope | Go live via your mobile device anytime, anywhere. Once a broadcast is over, users can watch a replay and provide feedback for up to 24 hours. After that, it’s removed from the app.
- YouTube Live | Stream from your webcam or smartphone via the YouTube app. You can chat with your viewers and send emoticons, or opt to turn off chat if you’d like all focus on your presentation.
One final tip: Be consistent. If you’re going to produce live video content regularly, experiment a bit at first to discover the best days and times for your audience, then stick with a timeframe. Viewers will be more likely to tune in if they know when to expect it.
There are plenty of ways to promote your small business through video. Just make sure your video content suits your purpose, audience, and platform of choice. If you need help creating a video marketing strategy for your business, contact Triton Commerce today for a free Digital Marketing Blueprint!