Using Google Local Services Ads for Your Small Business
If you’re looking for a new couch for your living room, you likely have time to search Google and browse furniture stores around the Twin Cities, or even order a couch from somewhere across the country. But if your toilet is overflowing and you need a plumber ASAP, you probably want to find a trusted solution in your own neighborhood—and quickly. Fortunately, you can still turn to Google for fast answers thanks to Local Services ads.
If you’re a service provider on the other end of that scenario, you can use Google Local Services ads to make your business more visible to local customers in their time of need. In this blog, you’ll learn how to use Google Local Services ads to book local jobs and grow your business.
1 | What Are Google Local Services Ads and How Do They Work?
When someone does a search for “plumber” in Google, the first page of results will display websites that rank highest due to a variety of factors, including traditional paid search ads and SEO tactics. Google Local Services ads offer the opportunity to position your business above the top ranking results without having to pay to be there. Instead, you only pay for leads related to your business or the services you offer.
Google explains, “Local Services ads help you connect with people who search on Google for the services you offer. Your ads will show up for customers in your area, so you can keep your calendar full.”
Local Services ads display only your business name, number, hours, star rating, and reviews, and they allow people who find your business on Google to call or send a message directly from your ad. You are charged for each valid lead you receive through your Local Services ad. (You’ll set a weekly budget and are charged on a per-lead basis.) If one or more of your leads isn’t legitimate, you can dispute them.
2 | Benefits of Google Local Services Ads
Businesses that benefit the most from Local Services ads are typically those that are able to maintain a high review rating, along with strong brand awareness in their local markets.
- Increase Visibility on Google Search | Local Services ads appear at the top of Google Search results, so interested customers in your area can find you right away.
- Receive Google Guarantee Badge | Once your business is screened and approved for Local Services ads, you’ll receive a Google guarantee badge, which not only makes your business look trustworthy, but also ensures Google will cover claims as high as the job invoice amount if a customer isn’t satisfied.
- Connect Directly with Local Customers | It’s easy for people who find your business on Google to call or send a message directly from your ads.
- Keep Your Schedule Full | You can reach people who are ready to book your services and track how many appointments you get each week through your Local Services ad.
- Pay Only When Your Ads Work | You’ll only be charged when customers get in touch with your business through your Local Services ad.
- Manage Your Ads with Ease | Through the Local Services app, your business can reply to messages, track bookings, view ad performance, review ratings, and manage campaigns, leads, and budget. You can also use the app to easily turn ads on and off.
3 | Local Services Ad Industries
At this time, Local Services ads are available only for certain service categories and areas. You can check your business eligibility on the signup page. Examples of service categories eligible for Local Services ads include:
|Air Duct Cleaner ||Mover |
|Appliance Repair Service ||Painter |
|Auto Glass Service ||Pest Control Technician |
|Auto Service Technician ||Pet Care Provider |
|Carpet Cleaner ||Pet Groomer |
|Electricians ||Photographer |
|Event Planner ||Plumbers |
|Garage Door ||Roadside Assistance Service |
|Handyman ||Roofer |
|Home Improvement Pro ||Tree Service Provider |
|House Cleaner ||Tutor |
|HVAC Services ||Upholstery Cleaner |
|Junk Removal Provider ||Water Damage Service Provider |
|Lawn Care Provider ||Window Cleaner |
|Locksmiths ||Window Service Provider |
4 | How To Get Started With Google Local Services Ads
There are three simple steps to follow to get started with Local Services ads:
- Sign Up as a Service Provider | During the sign-up process, you’ll tell Google where you’re located and what services you offer so your ads can be shown to the right customers.
- Set Your Budget | You create your budget based on the number of new customers you want each week. Again, you’ll only pay when customers call or message you directly from your ad.
- Start Your Ads on Google | You’ll be in full control of your Local Services ads, with the ability to turn your ads on to reach local customers, or pause them if you’re booked up or unavailable.
When you sign up for Local Services ads, your business will go through a verification process. You’ll need to meet certain insurance and licensing requirements, and each employee must go through a background check—so don’t expect to be able to get these ads up and running overnight. However, once your business is approved, you’ll earn your Google Guarantee badge and start getting valid leads!
To learn more about Local Services ads from a Google Premier Partner agency, contact Triton Commerce today!