A beautiful website doesn’t benefit your business if nobody visits it. If you want to get results from your website, you’ll need to find ways to attract visitors who are interested in your products or services.
Here are five effective strategies that can help you reach a wider (but still relevant) audience:
Ranking high on your customers’ search engine results pages can give you a major advantage over your competition. Each time someone performs an online search, the search engine will collect only the results that are relevant to the user’s search and then rank those results based on their quality. Through search engine optimization, or SEO, you can improve your ranking in key search results. While there are many factors that determine your rank, here are a few you should keep in mind:
- A Well-Structured Website. Your site should provide users with a quality experience, and be easy to navigate. Each of your services should have its own page within your site so it’s easier for searchers to find the exact service they are looking for online.
- Unique and Relevant Content. The content on your website should be relevant and informative. By including high-quality content your customers actually want to read, you will provide them with a better experience while also boosting your SEO.
- Keywords that Convert. When you’re creating content for your website, focus on using the specific words and phrases your customers might use when searching for your services online. Informative, keyword-rich content is a crucial component of any SEO strategy.
- Name, Address, and Phone Number. This crucial business information should be included in the header, footer, or sidebar of your website so it appears on each page.
Tip #2 | Pay-Per-Click Advertising
Pay-per-click advertising campaigns on Google AdWords can serve as an incredibly effective complement to your SEO strategy. On AdWords, you are able to advertise within the search results for specific keywords. You are able to choose the keywords you want to focus on, and set bid amounts based on how much a click on your ad is worth to you. Search advertising on Google AdWords offers a variety of benefits, including:
- The ability to drive qualified traffic to your site by focusing on high-intent keywords
- The flexibility to highlight specific products and services
- The power to control and manage your ad spend based on how much a click or conversion action is worth to you
Building and maintaining an active presence on social media will help you build a community of interested followers and customers, but it’s also a great way to drive traffic to your website. Sharing interesting and relevant content on social media allows you to reach new people, grow your network, and encourage followers to take action by visiting your site.
- Keep your audience engaged by sharing a variety of social media content including photos, videos, and links to your business’s blog
- Use social media advertising to reach specific audiences and focus on a defined business goal.
- For Example: If you offer home improvement services, you could run a social media ad campaign targeting people who recently purchased a home.
Tip #4 | Blog Content
Regularly publishing new blog content to your website is a great way to boost your SEO, but it can also help you attract new visitors to your site. Because blog content is typically more informative than promotional, blogs are an excellent way to build and nurture relationships with potential and previous customers.
- Create content that is interesting, engaging, and relevant to your business
- Publish new blog content on a consistent schedule. You don’t need to publish new blogs every day, but even 1-2 quality blogs each month can have a positive impact
- Encourage people to read your blog by promoting it on your social media accounts and through email marketing campaigns
Tip #5 | Email
Stay connected with your customers and other valued contacts through email marketing campaigns. Through email marketing, you can keep your audience up to date on the latest news including product launches and other important announcements. Keeping your contacts informed will allow you to maintain your relationship with them while also providing them with ongoing incentives to visit your website.
Your website serves as the foundation of your digital marketing strategy, and these five strategies are the perfect way to build on that foundation. If you aren’t getting the results you need from your website and digital marketing efforts, contact our team for your free Digital Marketing Blueprint. Your Blueprint will provide you with an in-depth evaluation of your current digital presence and our recommendations for creating a more effective strategy based on your business goals.