Introduce Your Team With Bio Videos
In today’s digital world – especially over the course of the past few years – most of us are interacting with other people in person less and less often. Consumers were already doing much of their shopping online pre-pandemic, and while we’ve been in lockdown, the e-commerce world has grown exponentially. Why go to a physical store when you can order nearly anything you want online and have it delivered? We are truly blessed to have so much at our fingertips at a time when it can be unsafe to leave the house!
When it comes to your business, though, less interaction with potential and existing customers usually isn’t a good thing. Sure, your business and target audience are both unique, but almost all consumers have something in common: They don’t buy from companies they don’t trust. And it can be challenging to gain that trust without putting in some face-to-face time.
Don’t worry; we have a solution! Let’s talk about bio videos...
What Exactly Is A Bio Video?
A bio video is pretty straightforward – it’s a short video that introduces an employee and summarizes their key qualities and/or responsibilities so viewers can get a better understanding of their role within the company.
A typical employee bio video includes both personal and professional details like:
- The person’s job title
- Years of experience
- Areas of expertise
- Personal interests and strengths
- Where they’re originally from
- Favorite activities outside of work
Why Should Your Company Create and Use Bio Videos?
There’s an obvious reason to use bio videos: Video dominates online! Adding video content to your current digital marketing strategy can help you stand out from your competition and reach more customers, among other benefits.
Bio videos are especially useful if you’re looking to:
- Humanize your brand. Make your team look friendly and accessible!
- Build deeper connections with your audience. Help potential and existing customers get to know your company on a more personal level!
- Engage your team. Give your employees something fun to do! Some people will be self-conscious about being on camera, but planning interview questions or writing a script can ease anxieties.
- Attract new employees. Show potential employees and new hires the type of work culture they’ll be joining!
- Increase brand awareness and leads. These videos can be used in many different ways to make your business seem relatable, familiar, and authentic – like the kind of company people want to support.
What Makes For Great Bio Videos?
A great bio video shows off the employee’s professional expertise while sharing just enough about their life outside of work to make them more relatable. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel – you can keep things pretty simple.
Here are a few tips to create a great bio video:
- Ask people to explain their jobs. Have each featured employee come up with an elevator pitch that clearly and concisely describes what exactly they do for a living.
- Highlight achievements. Do you have an employee who’s especially accomplished? Make sure to highlight their awards and other professional milestones!
- Choose the right setting. Your location for filming should have some visual interest without being too distracting. (Same goes for clothes and makeup!)
- Tell an engaging story. You’ll likely have a set of interview questions to ask your team members on camera, but you don’t want one person talking at the camera for two minutes straight. You can make the final video more exciting during the editing process by reordering the content in a way that feels like a story.
- Create an experience for viewers. Add different transitions between questions, music, b-roll footage, motion graphics, and animation to create an immersive experience for viewers that drives home a feeling or theme about your brand.
Where To Use Bio Videos For The Biggest Impact
When your bio videos are complete, there are countless ways to use them! Here’s where to share them:
- Your website
- Social media (organic and ads)
- Client meetings
- Company meetings
- Email (signatures, follow-up emails, and campaigns)
- Employee onboarding and training videos
No matter what industry you’re in, investing in video content is a great way to reach your target audience. Not sure how to get started? Contact Triton Commerce today to learn how we can grow your business through affordable video and photography services!