Building a Successful eCommerce Website for Your Business
If you want your eCommerce website to generate results for your business, you need to build a site that appeals to your customers and stands out from the competition. By creating the perfect site layout, design, and content, you can develop a user experience that drives sales and builds customer loyalty.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind while building out your new eCommerce website:
Tip 1 | Design With Users In Mind
If you want your website visitors to convert, you need to create a user experience that guides customers through the process quickly and easily. It’s important to think about how your customers will use your site and build an experience that puts their needs first. Here are a few things you can do to create a user-friendly eCommerce website:
- Keep Your Site Organized and Easy to Navigate. One of the most important components of a successful eCommerce website design is to map out the layout of your site. It’s vital that you create a layout that is logical and allows customers to easily find what they are looking for.
- Drive Action Through Design. Make it easy for customers to take action by putting information such as your phone number and hours of operation in a very visible place. Help other key elements, such as your “Add to Cart” button, stand out by using bold or contrasting colors.
- Invest in High-Quality Product Photos. Online shoppers have the ability to browse a broad array of products from the comfort of home, but that comes at the cost of not being able to see them in real life. To help visitors get a better sense of your products, be sure to include high-quality product photos that include up close shots and views from multiple angles.
Tip 2 | Use Content To Build Connections And Drive Conversions
When customers call your business or visit your brick-and-mortar store, you have the opportunity to engage with them on a more personal level. While you can’t have that same type of personal interaction with your website visitors, you can still build a connection with them through your website content.
Your “About Page” should highlight the things that make your company unique and tell your story. Content on product pages is also incredibly important, because it helps customers make purchase decisions and also fuel your SEO. Without quality content on your product pages, you’re missing out on the opportunity to boost your visibility and losing out on sales. To get the best result, your content needs to:
- Solve Their Problem. Your customers are looking for a product that will solve a problem and address a need. Make sure your copy explains exactly how this product is the perfect solution.
- Use Strategic Formatting. You need to provide customers with enough information, but the way you present that information can determine whether they reward your effort by making a purchase. The ideal format for your product descriptions will vary depending on the types of products you are selling, and what appeals to your target audience.
Tip | Think about the questions your customers commonly ask about your products, and answer those questions through your content.
- Include Keywords. The content on each of your product pages serves a variety of purposes. Beyond helping your customers make purchase decisions, content can also be used to increase your visibility in search results. By including the right keywords in your content, you can improve the odds that potential customers will find you when they are searching for your products online.
Tip 3 | Built Trust With Your Website Visitors
It’s important to create an eCommerce shopping experience that is fast, seamless, and secure. Your customers need to know that they can trust your business to keep their data safe and secure, and that you are willing to stand behind your products with excellent customer service. Since you aren’t able to build trust face to face with online shoppers, you need to be able to rely on your website to do that for you. Here are a few ways your website can provide a secure and trustworthy experience for shoppers:
- Showcase Company and Product Reviews. Let your satisfied customers serve as brand advocates by sharing their reviews on your website. Displaying product reviews beneath product descriptions is an excellent way to establish both trust and credibility.
- Overcome Concerns and Objections. When your customers make a purchase online, there is an element of risk they have to assume. Be sure to mention benefits that reassure hesitant customers, such as flexible return policies, free shipping, and any other perks you offer.
- Create a Secure and Simple Checkout Process. If your customers have to jump through too many hoops to make a purchase, or have concerns that their personal data may be compromised, you will miss out on sales. Make sure your checkout process is secure, and that you are only asking customers to provide information that is absolutely necessary.
By taking the time needed to create an effective website from the ground up, you will be able to build a digital presence for your business that generates ongoing results. Need help building a new website for your business? Learn more about our eCommerce website design services or contact our team for a free Digital Marketing Plan.