Even with a small budget, you can make a big impact through content marketing. Content marketing makes it possible for you to reach new customers, build trust and credibility for your business, and increase brand recognition.
Here are just a few of the reasons your small business can benefit from a content marketing strategy:
1. Build Brand Awareness and Tell Your Story
If you want to grow your business, your potential customers need to know who you are and what you do. Brand awareness involves so much more than just name recognition; you want to make sure people know what you do and what sets you apart from your competitors.
You don’t need to have a big business with an even bigger budget to create a content marketing strategy that builds brand awareness. Here are a few easy ways to get started:
- Start With A Great Website. Your website serves as a foundation for your digital presence. Make sure your website is up to date, user-friendly, and filled with information about your services and what sets you apart from your competitors.
- Share Content On Relevant Social Media Platforms. By sharing content on the social media platforms your audience uses, you can connect with them and build a following. Spend time sharing timely, authentic, and relevant content with your audience and gradually build your community.
- Start Writing Blog Content. Blogs can serve as a wonderful complement to your social media strategy. Through blog content, you can show your personality while also featuring your products or services.
2. Establish Yourself As An Industry Leader
Through your content, you can showcase your expertise and establish yourself as a thought leader within your industry. By positioning yourself as a thought leader, you can build your network and gain the trust of potential customers.
Here are some ways you can use your content to stand out as a leader:
- Show What Makes You Unique. Use your content to showcase what makes your business unique. Maybe you offer a range of products that your competitors don’t, or provide a specialized service. Your content should highlight the reasons why a potential customer should choose you, so they will be more likely to remember you instead of your competition.
- Share Your Expertise. If you want to establish yourself as a thought leader, you’ll need to be willing to share some of your knowledge with your audience. Sharing valuable information with your target audience helps you earn its trust and build a relationship that can more naturally lead to a sale.
- Experiment With Different Content. There are so many ways to connect with your audience using content. Try using different types of content (such as blogs, live videos, and infographics) to discover what format works for you and appeals to your audience.
3. Drive More Traffic To Your Website Through Blog Content
Once you’ve built a great website and started publishing blog content, how do you get people to actually read it? Here are some cost-effective ways to increase traffic to your blog:
- Social Media. Share your blog posts from your business’s social media profiles so your fans and followers have the opportunity to click through and read. They may also decide to share your post with their own network, expanding your reach even further.
- Email Marketing. Cross-promoting your blog content through an email newsletter is a great way to get your email subscribers invested in reading your blog content.
- Video Content. Try creating a short video that accompanies your blog, then share it on YouTube. Be sure to link back to your blog to drive viewers to your website.
4. Boost Your SEO
Content is at the core of any search engine optimization (SEO) strategy. Publishing fresh and relevant content will appeal to your audience but also boost your SEO. Here are some simple ways you can use blog content to complement your SEO strategy:
- Use Keyword Strategically. Before you start creating and publishing blog content, build out a list of terms that are meaningful to you and your customers. Google’s Keyword Planner tool is an excellent resource to help you get started. Use your blogs to target specific keywords, but make sure you are using them naturally in your content rather than simply stuffing your blogs with keywords.
- Create Evergreen Content. While it may be tempting to only write about the latest trending topics, their popularity is bound to fade rather quickly. Instead, focus on driving long-term traffic to your site through evergreen content (content that is always relevant). Topics such as “How to Tell if It’s Time to Replace Your Siding” are more likely to have long-lasting appeal than content based on a more time-sensitive or trendy topic.
- Use Internal Links. Internal linking is good for your SEO, but also makes for a better user experience. Where appropriate, make sure your website and blog content links out to appropriate sections of your site. For example, your blog post about the benefits of fiber cement siding should link out to the page on your site about fiber cement siding installation.
If you need help with your content marketing strategy, contact our team at Triton Commerce! We will provide you with a free Digital Marketing Blueprint to help you create an effective strategy for your business.