If you’re not very familiar with digital marketing, you might be skeptical of its value for your business. Maybe traditional marketing channels like billboards, newspapers, and radio have worked for your company in the past, so you think you don’t need to do anything else. Or perhaps, like most people, you ignore several online ads every day, so you don’t see how digital marketing can be effective.
Having doubts about digital marketing is not uncommon. However, the goal of marketing has always been to connect with the right people at the right time. Today, most people consult the internet before they make an important purchase. Digital marketing allows you to meet them where they are searching.
Of course, traditional marketing still plays an important role in our lives. We still feel moved by compelling TV commercials; We still gravitate toward colorful ads in timeless magazines like Rolling Stone and Sports Illustrated. But for a small business owner with a limited budget, it’s important to analyze all of your marketing options. In today’s technology-driven world, digital marketing is often not only more effective than traditional marketing, but also more bang for your buck.
Here are five advantages of digital marketing over traditional marketing:
- More engaging. Through digital marketing channels like social media, you can post a wide variety of media and see how your audience engages with your brand in real-time. If a post has a lot of shares, likes, and positive comments, you know you’ve done something right. You can even drive more engagement by liking and responding to comments, answering messages, and sharing user-generated content to your pages.
- Cost-effective. Print ads and other traditional marketing advertisements cost anywhere from a few hundred bucks to thousands of dollars, whereas with digital ads, you have more control over the cost. You decide how much you want to invest by setting a maximum budget for each ad. This allows you to try a few different low-cost strategies and start learning what works. Once you’ve found the right approach, you can gradually scale up your budget.
- Wider reach. Traditional marketing solutions can’t compare when it comes to reach. Even without online ads, an SEO-optimized website can help you tap into new markets and reach a global audience for only a small investment.
- Targeted. The biggest advantage of digital marketing is that you can reach your target audience in a cost-effective and measurable way. You can reach people who match your ideal customer with targeted advertising, stay in touch with current customers, and be seen by people who are actively looking for your products or services online.
- Easy to measure and adjust. With traditional marketing, you never know who you’ll reach with your investment because results are difficult to measure. How do you measure how many people saw your billboard and contacted you or referred a friend? That’s quite challenging! And once it’s up, you can’t make any changes to optimize it. Digital marketing is much easier to measure and adjust. Using simple (and free) analytics tools, you can monitor the performance of your online ads to see impressions, engagement rate, cost per click, and many more insightful metrics. This allows you to quickly optimize campaigns or adjust your budget and strategies to focus on the channels that are driving the most results.
For small business owners, digital marketing provides many opportunities to attract new customers and increase brand awareness. But before you invest in digital marketing for your business, you must develop a strategy based on your goals and budget. A thoughtful strategy will help guide your various marketing efforts and keep you on track to reach your goals.
Want some help?
If you’d like to learn more about how digital marketing can boost your business, contact Triton Commerce today! Our digital marketing experts will analyze your current digital presence and recommend solutions.