Digital marketing enables businesses to reach prospective customers and drive sales, but the potential cost may be intimidating for many small businesses. Fortunately, there are many cost-effective ways to promote your business online.
Here are three methods we recommend:
If you want to drive high-quality traffic to your website, search engine optimization (SEO) is a great way to achieve that goal. Many of your customers will first turn to search engines to find products and services online, which is why it is critical your website shows up in the right search results.
Including specific keywords in your website’s content is only one component of an effective SEO strategy. Beyond including the right keywords in your content, you’ll also want to:
- Create A Well-Structured Site. In order to effectively target your keywords, you’ll want to make sure your site is structured with SEO in mind. Build out your site so that each of your business’s services are on their own page. Not only will this make it easier for search engines to rank the content on each page, but it will make it easier for users to find the information they need.
- Optimize Down to the Last Detail. When it comes to optimizing your website, every detail matters. Make sure you’re optimizing your meta titles and tags, including schema data, and listing your business name, address, and phone number on each page.
- Develop Unique and Relevant Content. There’s more to SEO than simply targeting the right keywords. The content on your website pages and in each of your blogs should be unique and include information that is valuable to your target audience. Sharing relevant, one-of-a-kind content will not only appeal to your target audience, but will also help boost your rank in key search results.
Through email marketing campaigns, you can stay in touch with an audience that has already shown interest in your products or services. This cost-effective marketing technique allows you to reach your customers and keep them coming back to your website.
Need help creating email campaigns that drive action? Here are a few ways to encourage your subscribers to read your emails and take action:
- Add A Personal Touch. Your email subscribers probably receive a lot of promotional emails from a variety of businesses each day. To make yours stand out from the rest, try adding some personalized elements. Many email marketing programs make it easy to automatically insert subscriber names into your emails, making your content more friendly and engaging.
- Insert Links and Buttons Strategically. To make it easy for interested readers to click through to visit your site, place links or call-to-action buttons strategically within the body of your email. Your goal is to make it as easy as possible for the subscriber to take action and “learn more.”
- Feature Blog Content. Promoting your blog content in your emails is a great way to drive traffic to your website. Include your most recent blog post(s) in a monthly email campaign, with a quick summary of each blog and some eye-catching teaser images to capture your audience’s attention.
Tip | Your subscribers may be reading your emails on their mobile devices, so make sure your email content and website are mobile-friendly!
Social media allows brands and businesses to connect with current and potential customers in creative and engaging ways. By building and maintaining a presence on key social media platforms, you can reach more customers and drive traffic to your website. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your social media strategy:
- Build Relationships with Your Customers. It takes time and effort to build a following on social media. Beyond sharing interesting content with your followers, you also need to be willing to interact with them. Reply to comments and messages in a timely manner, and don’t be afraid to show some personality!
- Share Photos and Videos. With so much content constantly being shared on social media, it’s vital yours stands out. Posts that feature photos or video can help you capture your audience’s attention and showcase what makes your business unique.
- Learn from Your Audience. An effective social media strategy isn’t built overnight. Take a look at your past posts to see which posts received the most engagement and which ones received the least. Understanding what works (and what doesn’t) will make it easier for you to refine your content strategy and create even more effective posts.
Tip | If you have a hard time remembering to create and share posts to your social media profiles, try making a content calendar. A calendar can make it easier for you to plan out your strategy and simplify the content creation process.
While all of these strategies can be incredibly effective, it will take some time before you start seeing results. However, patience and consistency can lead to some major benefits for your business.
Want to learn more about your digital marketing options? Contact us today for your free Digital Marketing Blueprint!